PB Largemouth

PB Largemouth
Nice fatty Largemouth @ Hamilton Harbour in the fall.

Thursday 1 December 2011

Last day bass season fishing.

Well, managed 2 hours out yesterday to try and land one more bass before the season closed for this year.

Let's just say the weather was "fresh". NW winds and wet snow made for a cold morning.

First cast snagged my new-out-of the-package SKL Series 3 Sexy Shad crankbait in the rocks..gone.

Retied a series 5 and on the second cast hooked in to a 30" (guesstimated size) Northern Pike. It put up a good fight and when I got it close to shore I noticed a big chomp mark on it's back from either a Muskie or a bigger Pike. It looked like a fresh wound too. This fish was angry and no matter how I tried to grab it and flipped out so I took a quick pic in the water and with a quick twist of my pliers it was off to be caught another day.
 


I am seriously thinking of going back saturday a-m with my muskie set up and chuck big baits to see if the pikes attacker is still roaming the area.

After that fish I managed to loose another SKL crankbait and one Rapala and with the winds picking up, the snow coming down sideways and frozen fingers I decided to bail.

At least I got out and didn't get skunked but it would have been nice to land one last bass; the last saturday in June 2012 is a long way off.

Cheers
Scottyb

No comments:

Post a Comment