PB Largemouth

PB Largemouth
Nice fatty Largemouth @ Hamilton Harbour in the fall.

Friday 15 June 2012

Entered my 1st tournament.

Well I jumped in with both feet, entered my first tournament taking place on the NY state side of Lake Erie tomorrow.
With their bass season opening a week earlier than ours we will be looking for that winning sack a week before I originally planned.

I will be a co-angler in John Scholl's boat out of the Niagara area.

This will the second 2012 scheduled tourney for the Hamilton Bassmasters club with a bonus attached...we square off against the CBAF Golden Horseshoe Anglers for bragging rights.

I have 6 rods already rigged, I've tried to condense my tackle down to a respectable size but that is not as easy as I thought.
You never know what the bite will be so you have to be prepared.
-2 drop shot / tube rods.
-1 crank bait rod.
-1 spinner bait rod.
-1 jerk bait / top water rod.
-1 flipping stick.

The weather will determine a lot and with the Upper Niagara available if it's too rough/windy on the lake then we'd better be ready for some largemouth on the river too.

I hope to be posting pictures of our winning sack of hawgs tomorrow, boasting of our team winning the bragging rights until next year....we'll see what happens on the water tomorrow.

Cheers
Scotty


No comments:

Post a Comment