PB Largemouth

PB Largemouth
Nice fatty Largemouth @ Hamilton Harbour in the fall.

Thursday 17 November 2011

Hello.

First time throwing down any form of blog, bare with me!

I'm a 40 year old guy from Hamilton, Ontario.
I was born here, my kids (2) were born here and in the same hospital as me.
I was always an avid fisherman right up until my Dad passed in '88 when I was 17 and it lost it's shine since my fishing partner who taught me everything was gone.
Picked up a rod once or twice a year over the next 15 years but nothing serious.
Then a few years back I ran in to an old high school buddy who fished regularly and went out with him in his beat up old aluminium boat, had some success, caught the fishing bug all over again.

Now I have accumulated a pile of tackle, several rod and reel combos and even bought that beat up old boat off of him for my self.
I watch Extreme Angler TV, The Facts of Fishing, Lunkerville, Lindners Angling Edge, Getting School'd with JP DeRose and The Next Bite on the WFN Network. All of these shows teach you what to use, how to use it and where to fish it. Unlike the old shows that pulled one huge fish out of the water after the other but never explained HOW or on WHAT they actually used to do it.

I guess a combination of meeting up with my old buddy Quinten and getting hooked (bad pun) on these shows has brought me back to fishing, getting out side and learning.....I really missed it and still miss my old fishing partner, my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment